Terms, Booking Procedures & Other Important Travel Information
Throughout the below terms and conditions, The ‘Client’ (refers to you) and the ‘Company’ (refers to us – Intriguing Africa Holidays & Safaris OR Intriguing Africa).
The client is the person requesting a holiday quote, or making a holiday booking, who is deemed to have read and understood our terms and conditions, and has signed our booking form and does so on behalf of himself and the other members of hisparty, whose names appear on the quotation and or booking form that has been signed and accepted, for all travel services rendered.
Third Party Service Providers
Intriguing Africa Holidays & Safaris acts as agents for third party service providers within the travel industry, such as hoteliers, transfer and tour companies, airlines and car hire companies. Intriguing Africa accepts no liability for any loss, damage, injury or death which any client may suffer as a result of any act or omission on the part of, or the failure of the third party service provider. Any dispute or right of recourse which the Client may have, will be between the third party service provider and the Client. Intriguing Africa will try their best to facilitate communication between the two parties, but any recourse for action or refund request will be at the discretion of the third party service provider as each has individual terms and conditions, which will be provided to the Client at their specific request. Whilst every effort is made to ensure the safety of our passengers, travel packages are undertaken at the Client’s own risk.
Flights & Airlines
- Any airfares quoted or booked are subject to change without prior notice should the airline increase its price or taxes for any reason. Intriguing Africa Holidays & Safaris always quote the Client on the ‘best available fare’ at the time of quotation, which is subject to seats in that particular fare class and date of travel being available at the time of booking.
- There are occasions when flights are cancelled or routes amended, Intriguing Africa will endeavour to assist you with as little disruption to your holiday as is humanly possible, but we cannot be held responsible for any changes or cancellations that an airline may impose. Should any additional flights need to be booked Intriguing Africa will quote and advise you accordingly.
- For all air services, whether chartered or scheduled, the name on the passengers ticket must be the exact name that appears within the passengers passport, to comply with international insurance requirements. Once air tickets have been issued amendments are not permitted.
- It is the Clients responsibility to reconfirm their air tickets 72 hours prior to departure.
- Please note that flights into game reserves or certain islands where light aircraft or helicopters are used to transport passengers, the luggage limit is usually between 15kg to 20kg in soft bags. Any excess luggage will need to be stored at an additional cost to the Client, or alternatively luggage may be transported on a separate flight subject to availability (and delay) at an additional cost to the Client. Alternatively clients do have the option to store luggage that they may require for their non-safari portion of their vacation at certain main airports at an additional cost. It is a great option to store the bulk of your luggage at say Johannesburg International Airport and then go on safari with the minimal luggage that you require. Airline baggage restrictions are the Clients responsibility to confirm in advance of travel.
- Please note that where flights are concerned, a consulting or service fee per person will be added to your confirmed booking.
In order to confirm the Client’s booking we require:
- A 30% non-refundable deposit of the land arrangements at the time of booking and a signed booking form
- Balance of payment is due 60 days prior to travel
- For bookings within 60 days of travel full pre-payment is required
- On airfares, 100% is due immediately as tickets need to be issued immediately to confirm seats/price. Please also be aware that a consulting or service fee will be added to your confirmed flight booking.
- During peak seasons third party suppliers may demand higher deposits to secure your booking
- For group bookings alternate cancellation and deposit policies apply
- Final payment will incur any changes or additions that may have occurred after your deposit payment
- Bank charges when paying for your confirmed booking via electronic transfer will be for your own account. Please ensure that the full amount on your invoice is what is remitted into the bank account of Intriguing Africa Holidays & Safaris.
- All pricing is subject to exchange rate fluctuations or increases (by third party service providers) that would be beyond our control e.g. fuel increases, government bed levies, airport tax and levies, park fees or VAT, within the countries featured within your quote/booking. Whilst every effort is made to stick to the original quoted price, if an increase occurs that is beyond the control of Intriguing Africa, this will be for the Client’s own account.
- Cost of air tickets are not confirmed until issued.
Cancellations must be advised in writing
- 61+ days prior to travel – non-refundable deposit
- 0-60 days prior to travel – 100% cancellation fee
- Should you be a no show for a service, no refunds will be granted
- All bank charges are strictly non-refundable
- Cancellation or change of air tickets will be subject to the airlines cancellation and refund terms. Should the Client need to change an air ticket, any costs incurred will be for the Clients own account.
All guests must take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for their personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation and curtailment. Certain banks advertise purchasing with your credit card and you will automatically qualify for travel insurance, this is not adequate cover, you are able to top up your credit card travel insurance to ensure that you are effectively covered. Travel insurance can be purchased via the Intriguing Africa Holidays & Safaris website.
Visas, Passports & Inoculations
Visa requirements are the responsibility of the Client. Intriguing Africa Holidays & Safaris accepts no responsibility for visas not obtained prior to arrival in the countries to which the Client is travelling. Border officials in many African countries are not able to issue visas on arrival. So to avoid any inconvenience or delay to your holiday we advise that you fully investigate your visa requirements pertaining to your nationality and establish whether you would require either a single, double or multiple entry visa. Be aware that some countries change their visa requirements without warning.
We recommend that your passport is valid for at least 6 months after your date of travel, and ensure that you have 2 blank pages per country that you are intending to visit. In South Africa it is compulsory to have a left and right blank page available within your passport, otherwise you may face deportation.
A parent travelling with children (without the other parent) will need a certified letter of consent from the absent parent.
It is the Client’s sole responsibility to ensure that they have received all the correct inoculations required by each African country they may be entering.
YELLOW FEVER - The South Africa Health Authorities are becoming much stricter with regard to Yellow fever inoculation certificates for entering South Africa. Particularly when guests arrive from neighbouring African countries, including Zambia (as well as South America). We particularly mention Zambia as officials at Livingstone Airport in Zambia, are not allowing travellers to board flights to South Africa if they do not have their Yellow Fever certificate.
One does not require a Yellow Fever certificate to enter Zambia (as at 16 Apr 2012), and should South Africa not be included in your travel itinerary, it is worth considering getting a Yellow Fever inoculation in the unlikely event that you may need emergency medical attention with evacuation to South Africa.
Should a traveller not be able to have the Yellow Fever vaccination for any reason (pregnancy etc.), you must obtain a waiver certificate from a registered travel clinic. A letter from your family doctor will not be accepted, the certificate must come from a certified travel clinic.
Please ensure that you communicate any specific dietary requirements to Intriguing Africa Holidays & Safaris as early as possible so that we may ensure that we communicate your specific dietary request through to our suppliers giving them ample opportunity to prepare for your arrival, particularly if you will be travelling to a remote safari destination. Very specific dietary requests may incur an additional cost e.g. kosher meals may need to be flown into remote camps at an additional cost, which in some instances may be passed onto the Client. Therefore the need to advise us of dietary requirements up front is imperative. Should Intriguing Africa Holidays & Safaris, not be advised of your dietary requirements, our suppliers (third party service providers) will always do their best to cater for your needs, but with little preparation time you may find that your options are limited.
Intriguing Africa Holidays & Safaris Website
(owned and operated by Intriguing Africa Travel & Tourism CC)
Intriguing Africa reserves the right to remove offers, replace suggested holiday packages and itineraries with new content or new accommodation options and any travel services offered. Our holiday packages and offers evolve as travel trends change, and also when price amendments are received from third party suppliers etc. Intriguing Africa reserves the right to amend, adjust or remove any content related to a holiday travel package or any general travel information pertaining to a destination, or any content page advertised within the Intriguing Africa website.
Should any user wish to copy, download or ‘make use’ of Intriguing Africa Holiday & Safaris, website content, referred to as the intellectual content of the website (text, meta tag descriptions, icons, graphics, imagery or logos) the user must request permission from Intriguing Africa Holidays & Safaris.
Whilst every effort has been made by Intriguing Africa Holidays & Safaris to ensure that the information and pricing contained within our website is accurate, Intriguing Africa Holidays & Safaris cannot be held responsible for any errors and/or omissions that may occur . Should any user download or copy or link to the Intriguing Africa Holidays & Safaris website, Intriguing Africa cannot be held responsible or liable for any damage, loss or liability, that resulted from the use of any content from the Intriguing Africa website.
Should Intriguing Africa link through to any website, it must be noted that Intriguing Africa does not have any control over the content of that website, and therefore cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions on said website.
Intriguing Africa Holidays & Safaris cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage resulting from the inability to access the Intriguing Africa Holidays & Safaris website, for any circumstances beyond our control, or any websites that Intriguing Africa may link through to.
Intriguing Africa will endeavour to always write content that is well researched, true and free of errors. Intriguing Africa may from time to time invite third party travel journalists and writers to research travel topics and trends, and these articles will be included as content on our website. In all instances, Intriguing Africa will endeavour to provide information that is accurate and well researched and represented, however Intriguing Africa cannot be held responsible for any errors and omissions on the part of ourselves and or third party travel journalists. We encourage our users to get in touch with us should they feel that any content may be untrue or inflammatory, or should our users have any specific comment pertaining to the content and information we have provided and we will certainly investigate and respond, or change the content should it be necessary.
Intriguing Africa will treat all personal information that the Client may provide us with as strictly confidential and no personal information will be made available to third parties, unless obliged to do so by law. Intriguing Africa will send news and special offers via email flyer to our clients, should you not wish to receive our e-flyers, you can easily unsubscribe at the bottom of the mailer.
Intriguing Africa cannot be held responsible for loss or liability to the Client for acts of war, civil violence, riots and revolutions, acts of sabotage, natural disasters (storms, cyclones, earthquakes, floods, lightening fire etc), boycotts and strikes, acts of authority, which are beyond the Company’s control. In such circumstances the Intriguing Africa may not be able to perform its usual obligations, and cannot be held liable for non-performance due to force majeure.
Credit Cards, whilst on vacation
Credit card companies are blocking transactions that take place in foreign countries, particularly if they pick up multiple transactions, to protect their clients against fraud. Please ensure that you contact your credit card company in advance of your travels to forewarn and advise them that you will be making use of your credit card in the specific countries that correspond with your travel itinerary.
Intriguing Africa reserves the right to amend or remove any terms and conditions as stated above.